Friday 25 May 2012

When a name is not a name....

Ok,so my 4 year old has been invited to a birthday party. Yay how nice that he has been included in some Kindy friendships. I retrieved the invite from his pocket yesterday, at first glance everything appears normal. Apart from the scary looking clown...I stash it in my bag for later.

Whilst rummaging for something unrelated later (why DO we keep so much stuff in our bags? I swear I am set for an ice age style bunkering down with all my goodies) I find the invite. I skim over details...date,yes we are free. Time and place, great just down the road. Phone number-check.

I then re read. HANG on a second. WHAT is the child's name? I see a name,but for the life of me have no idea what is says. It is not something that I have come across before and the handwriting is doing nothing to help.  The other major problem is no parents name, just a number. So what do I do? Ring and politely say thanks for the invite, we will see you there. Should I trump them, and not offer my name or who I am rsvp'ing for? Then we can all be in the dark together. I think  I am going to have to feign phone problems and "CScshhhhhhh" when I try and guess who we are replying to.

Wish me luck, I am going to need it!

2 comments:

  1. lol - Calden? Calclen?

    So how did the party go?
    I would have just put a card on that said "Happy Birthday! From Us" on it.

    Happy Generic Birthday Greetings kinda thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was interesting ;) and it was Calder... and more surprising was the brothers name lol

      Delete

Yes comments are welcome, go on, dont be shy!